Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day 2- Superior Skirt

Twas another beauteous mornin' in LCC. On our last run yesterday we ran into the Gong show at the base of Alta, reminding me of the old days of hiking in the ski boots. Praise be those days are over! With the crowds in the obvious spots, we thought long and hard about where the carpet would be, and thought correctly. So Nate, Drew and I headed up Superior from the bottom and took a cherry line from about half way up. Less than two hours later we had two runs each in some decent fluff before the sun started warming the snow to the consistency of mashed yams. I called Sport to let him know that we would be visible to him while he was working away the day at the bird. Nothing like a little jealousy to make my turns sweeter!

If you're looking for me tomorrow morning, I'll be either on the way to the Dez' or getting some more on the north face!