Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Christmas Come Early


What a day! Last night was a total dream with Obama mopping up. I woke up thinking that it was still a dream and checked the news immediately to make sure the the Republicans hadn't pulled any of their tricks to steal the nation's hope. Sure enough, the country has come a long way. I almost feel patriotic again. After talking to my brother last night about how no one ever really knows what they are going to get when they elect a candidate, all we can do now is hope that some of this momentum continues and Obama is able to live up to half of the expectations that are now upon him. He and I are both keeping our fingers crossed, though we cross them different ways!

My second gift from the world came this morning, when, after checking the news, I went downstairs and Nate was getting his gear together. I was thinking that the idea of skiing might be premature and wasn't going to go, but once I felt the energy of someone gearing up for a tour, there was no use fighting the urge. I packed my stuff in record time and was ready by the time Drew showed up. It was worth it. What we skied was seriously the goodie-goodie yum-yums. I might have had the first line of the season from Gunsight at Alta. To top it off, it was bottomless and I didn't touch a single rock/tree or anything but the POW the whole line. This video is Drew taking his line on Gunsight. After you watch the video you might have to fight the impulse to quit your jobs. Think carefully before you do, because we are still in a recession and Dubya is still at the helm. Maybe wait until after inaguration day.

Hopefully both of these glorious surprises are signs of good things to come!